Information About Bags,belts,caps,antiq items,fastion,matel craft,and ETC

Thursday, March 20, 2008

featuring wood inlaid with silver

On May 16, I wrote about Justin Duances wooden jewellery. I sang the praises of his stylish creations featuring wood inlaid with silver and vice versa. Well, I was so impressed with the images on his website, I decided to put my money where my reviewer's mouth is and buy a piece!

As fortune would have it, it was my wife's birthday yesterday. Usually, I hit the High Street jewellers and buy something exorbitantly expensive with diamonds. Like most blokes I guess I assume that spending loads is best. My logic being that, even if she doesn't like it, at least she can swoon over the swanky price tag. Not that I would ever tell her what it cost. Which, in turn, means you have to buy something that looks every bit as expensive as it is, with only a sideways nod to good taste! Small oak pebble pendantSo this year I thought better. I suspected I was getting a little predictable. And, anyway, she might actually have better things to do with that sort of money. So I decided to stick my neck out and buy something I really liked, regardless of the less impressive price tag. I plumped for the 'Small oak pebble pendant inlaid with two lines of silver on a silver snake chain' - see picture. And, have to say was in no way disappointed. This pendant looks even better in the flesh and it arrived very promptly too. My admiration for Justin's work has only increased!

No comments:

Design by: Prakash